Thread: Suggestion: How to fit 2W Bass into V4/V6 respectively?

Default Suggestion: How to fit 2W Bass into V4/V6 respectively?

Any time I try to fit the 2W Bass speaker into the V4/V6 holder it doesn't seem to fit into the channel and just rests on top. I've tried the card/mat method that Rob shows in the vids but it always seems to just pop back out

Did you use any putty or adhesive? If so, make sure the speaker isn't twisted or warped by laying it on a flat surface for reference

Can I hijack this thread for a similar question? I'm trying to fit my 28mm premium speaker into a V5 speaker mount with no luck. What I do is I put the speaker on top of a flat surface and the mount over it. But as I push down on the edges, it doesn't seem to go in no matter how much force I push on it. The speaker outer diameter seems to be a little too big for the mount inner diameter. Any tips or suggestions?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Make sure the solder pads area is not larger than the outer black portion of the speaker. I have installed a lot of these and sometimes will need to sand that area or take the dremel to the inside lip of the speaker to chamfer the edge a bit. Once it pops in place it should stay there with no problems.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks Tim for the suggestion! I finally got it in but also by shaving the edges of the mount. In effect, I got it to eventually "slide" into place (albeit with a great deal of effort). I was careful not to touch the center of the speaker so hopefully it will be working when I get it connected to the Nano Biscotte!