Thread: Luxeon Tri-Rebel Question

Default Luxeon Tri-Rebel Question

Hi Guys, I've received my Tri-Rebel Star (RGB) and cant work out which is the Blue and Green led? I can see the Red one but the other two look white?
    Endor is written under the RED, the other two have 7007 and LUXDRIVE written under them?

Any help/ direction would be great...

Cheers from Down under,

Swampy

You can take a 3.7v battery and quickly touch the lead to the +/- pads of one of the unknown led to see what color it is. I would sugest not looking right at it and after you know take a color sharpie and mark them.

Thanks for that....just one question, would that "blow" them out?.......no resistors and not coming from a board?
    Cheers

not if its just for like a second or less i would think. in boredom once i connected a blue 5mm LED to 9v for a second and it came out fine, only when i left it on a for longer then 3 seconds did it finally die. So just tap the pads with power to see the color and you should be perfectly fine.

If you have a multimeter you can use the resistance settings to run a small current through the LEDs to see what color they are without blinding yourself.

AA battery should do the same thing too.

Blog Entries

I use a coin battery to test mine some times.seems to work safely.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    If you have a multimeter you can use the resistance settings to run a small current through the LEDs to see what color they are without blinding yourself.
    Quoted for truth. I use this technique on most LEDs to test for color.

Thanks guys, seems simple, once someone suggests something........
    Great help,
    Cheers