Thread: New Reverse Build Help and Ideas for chassis

Default New Reverse Build Help and Ideas for chassis

My Saber parts list.
    SaberBuilder_internal2.jpgSaberBuilder_render2.jpg

I need suggestions on how to attack this. 1. Make the chassis with the speaker to hold the crystal chamber above. I'm not sure if Rob sells his PVC chassis for my top end but I may be able to grind one out. 2. As for fitting my chassis, should I do a single or 2 piece maybe mounting a vertical recharge port above the crystal chamber behind the battery. Or maybe there is someone out there who makes custom 3D printed chassis that can work for my design. A modular chassis design would work as well. Any help would be appreciated Thanks everyone

All MHS exterior parts from bottom of saber to top

MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 20 V2 (length 3.5" used as pommel)

2" Double female threaded connector

Double male with slots (1.5" Unthreaded length with 6 slots and 1.15" ID)

5" Double female threaded connector

MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 4 (2.5" long with 2" unthreaded)

14" OAL 2 part chassis

1. Speaker with Crystal Chamber at bottom
    MHS speaker mount V4
    2 purple leds using JST connectors for both

2. Rob style PVC chassis at top or
    Acrylic Chassis Disc for PC 2.0 and 18500/18650 pack - S2

You could certainly use the acrylic chassis discs from TCSS for this purpose. Keep in mind that there aren't any premade chassis discs that will fit into the bladeholder that you're using as a pommel, so that will be dead space unless you make something custom.

If you have access to a lathe, you can easily find some PVC that can be turned down a bit to fit inside MHS parts, and then cut it to use as a solid chassis. 3d printing is also an option, but you may need to look into designing the piece yourself. Your design is a bit unorthodox, so ready-made designs might not work.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for the feedback Silver Serpent, I figured the acrylic chassis discs would be a good option for the top end of my saber. The bottom half (slotted piece down to the Blade Holder Style 20 V2) will be the most challenging. The blade holder is just the accent for the sabers finish. The space for the speaker and crystal chamber will be encompassed inside the 2" Double female and slotted portion. I estimate the total workable area should be 3.5"-4" I'm just concerned about the I.D. (inside diameter) of the 2 pieces. The speaker will take up .75" of that space separated by nuts or a bushing that then cradles the crystal for the chamber. This allow me 2.5"-3" of space to make the crystal chamber maybe. I ordered my parts less the actual blade holder (not in stock) I'll keep you posted on the process and the design of the build. Thank again mostly for being a sounding board for my rantings and lack of knowledge