Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WIP using the new brass AV!

Very cool looking colors and clean design!
    Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    i did it myself on the lathe. its a fun tool as long as you don't ignore the whole 'If I'm careless I can rip my arm/head/face off' aspect of it.
    Yikes, well said. I've been really waffling as to whether to invest in a lathe or not. What make/model of lathe are you working on, may I ask?

its a grizzly G0602 10x22 its serves me well for my purposes. although it takes a some added accessories to get it right.

Is the transparent gold a powder coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock84 View Post
    Is the transparent gold a powder coating?
    Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    its a grizzly G0602 10x22 its serves me well for my purposes. although it takes a some added accessories to get it right.
    Ah, nice! That 22" bed length must be nice and roomy. Yep, I can image spending nearly half the price of the lathe on accessories alone, but your work proves it's worth.

finally finished, got sidetracked on some other things. same as the pair I made earlier just different color scheme

Very nice. That thing before you buy where you can send your build to someone to build it for you, could you modify some parts similar? I have a build in mind I'd like to do =] Will take some time to actually get the rest of the stuff needed though like always x.x
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Sweet saber, Snilam! Clean and well machined. Is the Aux. switch a custom build at all? Seems very ergonomic.

That is an incredibly classy saber. Looks a little inspired by Darth Revan? Especially if you'd put just a little black in it.