Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Need Help Constructing My First Lightsaber :?

Many apologies, my dear FJK. I never meant to imply that you may have visited Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Most include a parts list or better still include an assembled screen shot. This sounds like you already have it.
    I was using the following parts on MHS: Hilt style 3 with best switch (I could use some input here please), two .75 inch male/female extensions, MPS pommel style 4, and LED blade holder style 5.

I just like to plan ahead. I'm a first timer so I am still learning the basics. I now have added everything that I need from TCSS (I chose a different emitter and pommel) to my cart, but the LED module from, "LDM's Basic Saber Guide" is out of stock. Would it work the same with the Cree LED module? Thanks for your time.

Switch is entirely up to you, but may depend on what soundcard you have. If you have the NB you will need a momentary switch, whereas if you have the PC you can use either. It's entirely up to you, just make sure you get the right hole service for your switch. If you are not using a soundcard you will either want a Latching Switch, or a Momentary to Latching converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taki117 View Post
    Switch is entirely up to you, but may depend on what soundcard you have. If you have the NB you will need a momentary switch, whereas if you have the PC you can use either. It's entirely up to you, just make sure you get the right hole service for your switch. If you are not using a soundcard you will either want a Latching Switch, or a Momentary to Latching converter.
    Thanks. I am not using any sound, so I think the guarded switch is good If I get the Luxeon Rebel Star with the Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle, can I use it with the Cree XP-E2/XP-L Lens Holder? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Many apologies, my dear FJK. I never meant to imply that you may have visited Texas.
    I've been to Texas. No shootings were involved.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Is the Luxeon Rebel Star with the Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle compatible with the Cree XP-E2/XP-L Lens Holder?

Quote Originally Posted by SaberScorch View Post
    Is the Luxeon Rebel Star with the Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle compatible with the Cree XP-E2/XP-L Lens Holder?
    If you are using a single Cree LED, then yes, those should work together.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    If you are using a single Cree LED, then yes, those should work together.
    Would you recommend the Cree led? I was going for the Rebel but the holder is out of stock.

Cree's a re a bit brighter, use one of those and you'll be happy.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I've ordered the parts for my 1st saber. I am already thinking about my second! What kind of build would you recommend for my second time round? I still think I'd want a basic saber without sound, but a bit brighter and a longer lasting battery.