Thread: I Need Help Constructing My First Lightsaber :?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Need Help Constructing My First Lightsaber :?

It has always been my childhood dream to construct a lightsaber. I have found all the parts I need online, but I have a few questions that I would love your help answering. Firstly, I am getting a Luxeon Rebel Tri-Star LED from http://www.luxeonstar.com/SinkPAD_c_4699-1-1.html with a 700ma buckpuck. I found a 20mm Triple Optics For Rebel LEDs, but I do not know what beam I should choose (Narrow, Wide, Medium, or Elliptical). On to my next question: I am planning on getting a Canadian TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery with a Nitecore D2 universal smart charger, and was wondering if it was a good choice. And if so, what should I use to hold the batteries inside of the lightsaber hilt. I have an 11 inch long hilt and do not plan on adding sound. I am also planning to use a 32 inch Infinity V4 Saberforge blade. I am willing to take any suggestions. All help is appreciated!

I think that three of these with 3 TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery should power my 3 LEDs but I could really use some professional help please! http://www.amazon.com/Ajax-Scientifi...8VCSRRAQANRYYV

I am using this buckpuck http://www.luxeonstar.com/700ma-exte...-driver-leaded
    Last edited by SaberScorch; 07-06-2015 at 11:51 AM.

SaberScorch, please, as a courtesy to the man who hosts this forum, remember that this forum is attached to a store and that posting links to other sites where merchandise cna be purchased is not in good taste.

Good luck with your saber build and welcome to the forums.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

I had thought it was acceptable as many others on the forums have done the same, but I am purchasing about 60% of my parts from this website anyway. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberScorch View Post
    I had thought it was acceptable as many others on the forums have done the same, but I am purchasing about 60% of my parts from this website anyway. Thank you.
    Many of the things you linked are items that are (were) sold here in the store. That aside...

I don't know how you think that 700mA is going to be enough to drive 3 dice. It can only power a Red properly.

What I would recommend you do is to go through the store, you might find things (and LEDs) that would work better for what you want to do (whatever that is). Also I don't see any mention of a hilt that you are trying to put all this into.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Get the LED's, lenses, chassis parts, etc at TCSS. I've found that you can save yourself a lot of trouble by trusting that these guys have done the trial and error part for you. When you look all over the web it's easy to get confused by star size, wavelength, battery options and the billions of other factors that go in to building these things. Look at FJK's list of required reading to see if that helps and then everyone should be able to answer any specific questions you might have. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-06-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: I think FJK has that covered, lol

I did mention a hilt actually. The one that is 11 inches in length and that I created on TCSS. I cannot purchase it yet as the emitter and pommel I want are out of stock.