Thread: Deep purple on 16" blades

Question Deep purple on 16" blades

Figured I'd get this part of my maglight tonfa build into the right section. I'm going to be running 16 inch blades and am trying to reach a deep purple (non U.V. because it'll light up any lint on my robes). My big issue is that many sabers seem to have the color washed out during the first foot and the truest color seems to be mid blade (from pics on this and other sites). With such short blades I'm afraid I'tll lose most of the color and just be bright overall. the washout I mean is like this pic
    P1070596.jpg

I've been looking at the Luxeon tri-rebel R/B/W so later I can do a white clash effect with them as well. This means I don't have to change everything later when I upgrade from just light, which would be ideal. Would a purple color disk or two dim the tri-rebel enough and give it a deeper hue? I doubt many have this short of a blade so I know any experience would come from people using other colors, and likely primary not mixed, but anything helps. I gotta buy it a piece at a time (well pair of pieces since it's a pair of sabers) so I gotta get it right.

Thanks in advance
    Peace and passion gives me strength,
    Strength and knowledge give me power,
    Power and serenity gives me balance,
    Through this balance I am set free.
    For this I am labeled grey.

Your "best bet" is to get the Royal Blue/Red/White unless you have it already. You would have to resist the Red fairly substantially to get a "deeper Purple". The "washout" is just a product of how much power you give the dice. Everyone automatically thinks "More is better" so that is usually one of the reasons why you see what you see. A very short blade might not be THAT bad. Also pictures tend to distort the actual lighting. Your milage may vary.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Your "best bet" is to get the Royal Blue/Red/White unless you have it already. You would have to resist the Red fairly substantially to get a "deeper Purple". The "washout" is just a product of how much power you give the dice. Everyone automatically thinks "More is better" so that is usually one of the reasons why you see what you see. A very short blade might not be THAT bad. Also pictures tend to distort the actual lighting. Your milage may vary.
    Excuse my NOOBidity bu what dice? Royal blue red white makes more sense for what I'm looking for. Can you link me that LED set? only royal blue I see it with green and red or solo.
    Last edited by CarpeNoctem; 06-29-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Dice is plural for LED dies.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
    Can you link me that LED set? only royal blue I see it with green and red or solo.
    Nevermind I found the custom order on the site.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cu...LED-P1035.aspx

You can get the Cree XPE LED in a Phot-Red color that is a deeper red. That might help your purple, especially with the Royal Blue.