Thread: Correct way to wire up rebel RGRb to Cf?

Default Correct way to wire up rebel RGRb to Cf?

Hey guys, I've done a bunch of reading, so this is mainly to confirm what I think I understand already.

I've also posted this on the fx boards, I don't know if it's ok to post links to it or not.

I'm getting ready to wire up my tri rebel, red green royal blue to a crystal focus 6.1 with color mixing board. The last GGR with a CF I did, I tied all the negatives together into 1, but it looks like with the color mixing board you need to have each color on it's own neg wire so that the color mixing board works properly. Is this correct?

I'm following this diagram

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...4.png~original

That Verigo posted in his thread
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...&topic=39438.0

I'd also like my crystal chamber to be the same color as my main blade and I think with my common cathode RGB LED this is the best way to go about this.

Stolen from Kobi Dan Venobi

CF6 Multicolor Problem with ColorXtender

That shows a few different main blade colors with a single RGB 5mm led in the crystal chamber lighting up the corresponding color. What I did was hooked the B to accent pad 1, G to pad 2, R to pad 3, and then indicated which pad/combination of pads to light up during font selection for the menu, which to ignite during each font, as well as how to behave during ignition. Granted, I didn't have it directly mirroring the blade during FoC, but I put the settings for the accents in such a way that it flickered fast enough that it looked to the eye to be mirroring the blade's flicker. In the end the customer wanted to just go with a solid constantly lit color matching the blade color, so that was a bit simpler of a config that doing all the different delays ;D

So my concern is mostly which of these statements are correct?

1 neg wire tied to all the rebel's neg LED pads and just splice off that single wire

or

using a separate neg wire for every rebel die and each of those goes to it's own spot on the color mixing board (cex)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandau View Post
    Hey guys, I've done a bunch of reading, so this is mainly to confirm what I think I understand already.

I've also posted this on the fx boards, I don't know if it's ok to post links to it or not.

I'm getting ready to wire up my tri rebel, red green royal blue to a crystal focus 6.1 with color mixing board. The last GGR with a CF I did, I tied all the negatives together into 1, but it looks like with the color mixing board you need to have each color on it's own neg wire so that the color mixing board works properly. Is this correct?
    This is correct, it keeps all of the led's individually addressable by the CF and the CEx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandau View Post
    I'm following this diagram

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...4.png~original

That Verigo posted in his thread
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index...&topic=39438.0

I'd also like my crystal chamber to be the same color as my main blade and I think with my common cathode RGB LED this is the best way to go about this.

Stolen from Kobi Dan Venobi

CF6 Multicolor Problem with ColorXtender

That shows a few different main blade colors with a single RGB 5mm led in the crystal chamber lighting up the corresponding color. What I did was hooked the B to accent pad 1, G to pad 2, R to pad 3, and then indicated which pad/combination of pads to light up during font selection for the menu, which to ignite during each font, as well as how to behave during ignition. Granted, I didn't have it directly mirroring the blade during FoC, but I put the settings for the accents in such a way that it flickered fast enough that it looked to the eye to be mirroring the blade's flicker. In the end the customer wanted to just go with a solid constantly lit color matching the blade color, so that was a bit simpler of a config that doing all the different delays ;D

So my concern is mostly which of these statements are correct?

1 neg wire tied to all the rebel's neg LED pads and just splice off that single wire

or

using a separate neg wire for every rebel die and each of those goes to it's own spot on the color mixing board (cex)
    Personally, I would wire it the way it was shown in Kobi Dan's thread from FX, but then, I have never wired an RGB for lighting a crystal chamber on a CF saber myself, so take my advice under caution.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Awesome, thanks for the response. That's along what I was thinking, but sometimes you just need someone to say... Yeah that looks right