Thread: Battery pack for BBW tri cree

Default Battery pack for BBW tri cree

So I plan on using all three LEDs at once to achieve a light blue color. All of the LEDs together need 10.1 volts and 3000mA. What battery combo should I use? I'm fairly sure I won't need any resistors.

Also, I plan on this wiring setup: battery pack to switch, switch to LEDs, then LEDs back to battery pack. Also thinking of doing in hilt recharge. I am also having trouble finding threads about wiring all three LEDS on a tri cree to go at the same time. Is my set up going to work?

You won't need 10.1 volts....in this case, you'd wire up the led's in a parallel circuit (all share common positive and negative connections), which will maintain the forward voltage of all three led's as if they were one (@3.5v). You'd still need about 3A to power them. Each led will need it's own resistor, as well. A single 18650 Li-Ion would be the best solution, or if there's room in the saber, two in parallel. This will give you fairly short runtime, though since the battery has a cpactiy of either 2600mAh or 3400mAh, depending on which one you use.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-21-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You won't need 10.1 volts....in this case, you'd wire up the led's in a parallel circuit (all share common positive and negative connections), which will maintain the forward voltage of all three led's as if they were one (@3.5v). You'd still need about 3A to power them. Each led will need it's own resistor, as well. A single 18650 Li-Ion would be the best solution, or if there's room in the saber, two in parallel. This will give you fairly short runtime, though since the battery has a cpactiy of either 2600mAh or 3400mAh, depending on which one you use.
    would this be my same situation? http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ring-questions

Basically, yes.