Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade Wrap Differences?

Default Blade Wrap Differences?

So what's the difference of duel vs quad bade wrap in the Corbin blades? I'm wanting a 34 inch quad wrap Corbin battle blade also for a build I have in mind, it'll be for the cyan color while the trans white blade will be for the regular blue. Thanks for the info and pics would be helpful too if anyone has one =] I'll be doing my build sometime next month finally if all goes well. I'm wanting a blue blade and cyan blade for whichever I'm in the mood for
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

As far as I know, the more wraps are supposed to make the blade "brighter"(correct me if I'm wrong) and diffuse the light more evenly. The trans white blade on its own kind of diffuses the light okay so I would do with the double wrap, but if you decide on the quad wrap then more power to ya.

The diffuser wrap sold in the store is best used with the clear blades and without any other diffusers. The more wraps you use (up to a point that is) the more pronounced the "Core" effect you get from the diffuser wrap. That said, if you want the Corbin style blade, you'll definitely want the quad wrap. The single or double wraps do not diffuse the light as well.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Cool thanks. I was gonna use a Corbin battle blade for the cyan color and didn't know if the more wraps would make it dim or whatever. I might add some wrap to the trans white blade from the store though

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    The diffuser wrap sold in the store is best used with the clear blades and without any other diffusers. The more wraps you use (up to a point that is) the more pronounced the "Core" effect you get from the diffuser wrap. That said, if you want the Corbin style blade, you'll definitely want the quad wrap. The single or double wraps do not diffuse the light as well.
    You have that backwards, actually...the fewer the wraps, the more of the core effect you'll get. If you add wraps, it softens the core effect and evens the blade more. You can also add a few feet of clear gift wrapping to the inside of the Corbin film after it's inserted into the blade to further even the diffusion. Adding the Corbin film to the Trans-White blades isn't going to do much, either...the opaqueness of the blade cancels out the core effect from the striations on the Corbin film, making them almost invisible. The Trans-White benefit most from adding 4-6 feet of clear polypropylene instead.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 06-16-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Or for the trans white blades its just even better to leave them as is also? For the Corbin blade though I was thinking of doing stock quad wrap for mine at 34 inches. Should this be fine? Its just been FOREVER literally since I've done my own build so some stuff I forgot about :P

The transwhite blades don't *need* any cello wrap inside, though it'll greatly improve the look of the saber if you're doing any color mixing. For single colors, they do ok by themselves.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

My experience with the Trans-White blades is that they look more evenly lit if you add a few feet of polyp to them....I've personally never liked them with out it, but to each his own.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks. And thanks for not blowing me off like other forums do sometimes =] I have a Jedi costume finally but want to wait to reveal everything until I get my own saber done. I have tons of sabers from US but I know you guys don't like people posting their stuff much. So I thought why not just finally do my own build after so many years :P I'll probably just do the Corbin blade. I do like the core effect having experience with their blades in that style. I just need to finally settle on a design. Hey Jay, on your sig pic with the Obi-wan like saber, what bottom extension length did you use? I might do something similar as well for my costume will be Obi-wan inspired as well when its done here probably next week =]

That saber used a 4 inch extension for the rear half.