Thread: Darth Vader non-electronic lightsaber

Default Darth Vader non-electronic lightsaber

Hi!
    I have been thinking about making my own lightsaber for a while now. I discovered your site today, and I've been looking through the forums as well as the store in order to find the parts needed to make a replica of Vaders lightsaber:
    http://www.plasmainfusion.com/sw-333.jpg

And I'm wondering what parts i would need for that? I dont want any led lights, or sound or electronics at all. Just a genuine feel of the real thing.
    I found some parts, but the top ones, the black plastic one where the light comes out is nowhere to be found!

I'm on budget, and dont want to spend too much money on it, but what are my options?

Thank you!

I'm mainly interested in a parts list, and how to do it

Would also be interested in seeing the same thing for the Luke Skywalker lightsaber:
    http://www.bladeseller.com/MasterRep...lack_large.jpg

Can anyone help me out?

For the Vader you would need an MPP flash or replica. For the Luke you would need a Graflex flash, replica or use the MHS system from TCSS. TCSS sells grips, bubble cards and some other things you would need to complete your project. It would be best if you got the flash handles and then figured out what you need based on what you have. For example, a Luke would need the Graflex handle, TCSS grip kit with screws, natural card and another red button. Hope this helps.

Where can i get the replicas? The real ones are really rare and expensive, right?
    Thanks for the help!

Yes, the real ones are pretty expensive. With the new movie coming out, Graflex flashes have gone through the roof. MPP's were always hard to find and pricey. Since this forum is attached to our favorite store, we don't post links to other companies. If you Google MPP replica, Graflex, etc. you should find something. Also, you can get a force fx. They're good hilts and can be upgraded to dueling sabers using the kits on this site. I know you said you don't care about electronics but it's nice to have something you can upgrade later.