Thread: Help with getting VERY bright LIGHT BLUE color

Default Help with getting VERY bright LIGHT BLUE color

Hey all!

So I am working on a saber that will have a "24 blade, no sound, no FOC, and I want it to be a light blue to medium blue color. I also want this thing to be very bright.

So far I am thinking of doing a tri cree B/B/W with a buck puck. What I really need help with is the power supply and wiring set up to achieve that color. Thank you very much for your help!

Your best bet would be to scrap the buckpuck, use a single 18650 battery and wire the white and blue in parallel (with appropriate resistor) and play with the resistor values on the white to get the light blue color you seek. Normally Cyan's (Light Blues) are done by mixing Blue and Green.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you for the quick response, Master Jedi. Would you recommend wiring only one blue and one white? Also, what resistors do you think would do the trick right off the bat? Im trying to do a bulk order.

I personally wouldn't recommend wiring only 1 blue. I have a B/C/W Rebel and with all three dice running it's still very light blue. If I only run the blue and white together it's barely off-white. So unless you're under driving the white, it will probably dominate a single blue, so I'd use both.

Running a Blue and a White at "full power" would be Silver, Hannah would need to put more resistance on the white. Powering all 3 will then give you the issue of heat in the emitter, because it'll get very warm.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

How much resistance should I put on the white? Also how should I wire the LED to do that?