Thread: Chassis Disk Question

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Default Chassis Disk Question

What's the bolt circle diameter for the 2 new holes in the chassis disks that correspond to the acrylic disks? I can't find a dimension for that anywhere, even in the acrylic chassis disk description. Also, if at all possible, what's the angle from the main holes to the new holes? Thanks

Blog Entries

Those dimensions are right there in the product description under the product image.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

I appreciate your response, Darth Chasm, but the dimensions provided are incomplete. They all list the three sets of three holes on the various bolt circles, but none of them have the diameter of the bolt circle for the two holes that match the chassis disks. The one 1.15" acrylic disk set for the nano biscotte has hole dimensions, but they're for the three holes on the .94" bolt circle.
    Here's one of the descriptions

Chassis Disc style 2

1.24" OD x .2" thick

These now have a extra two holes that are compatible with the acrylic chassis discs

Hole sizes..

The center hole is .315 diameter.
    The inner row of holes is three .116" diameter on a .6" circle. With a .1875" sleeve on the all thread (.7875" od circle), it will fit inside .8" bore of chokes.
    The middle row of holes is three .116" diameter on a .94" circle. With a .1875 sleeve on the all thread (1.1275" od circle), it will fit inside 1.15" bore of ribbed.
    The outer row of holes is three .116" diameter on a 1.05" circle. With a .1875" sleeve on the all thread (1.2375" od circle), it will fit inside 1.25" bore.

All of the descriptions are basically identical except to explain the difference between the chassis disks, such as fitting between male and female parts or threading into female parts.

It's probably safe to assume that the two holes for the acrylic disks are on the 1.05" diameter bolt circle, but my design is rather exacting and I'd rather not leave things up to assumptions.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Anyone? I guess what I'm really wanting to know is if I have 2 threaded rods on one side of an aluminum chassis disk in the 2 holds for the acrylic disks and 3 threaded rods on the other side in the holes on the .94" diameter bolt circle, will the nuts fit between the rods?

Yes, as long as the nuts are the ones that TCSS sells.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Thanks Mace. Have you done a build like that before, going from 3 rods to 2? I'd love to see pictures of how that fits together

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Related question: When it says most parts have .4" threads, how do I know which parts? Specifically the double male extension with slots style 2? The description only mentions the unthreaded length, and I'd rather not order the wrong chassis disk

I think they're pretty much all converted over now. I would shoot Tim an email first with your parts list if you're concerned.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Thanks. I figured as much, but I just wanted to be sure