Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sidious switch

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Sidious switch

Okies... if you read the thread I got a Sidious hilt from ryanlb.

I have it in hand now. I was able to pull it apart and there is plenty of room to pull something off.

I'm not going all out. Sound is too much altering to the hilt. My problem is the switch. That is what I'd like to ask for ideas.

Ideas... give them to me. I don't want to add a switch that would require me to drill anything on the hilt. It there anything like a magnetic reed switch that would work well?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Can you post pics X?

Perhaps a partially sunk toggle switch? Where only the tip of the toggle is exposed?

MC

Ryma Mara

Check parts express they got tons of stuff, I even got my ida for a recharging setup from there.

Instead of a port just get a cable and leave it inside the hilt, pull off the pommel and plug it in.

I havent seen many pics of sidious's hilt so I dont know.

http://part***press.com/

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    Check parts express they got tons of stuff, I even got my ida for a recharging setup from there.

Instead of a port just get a cable and leave it inside the hilt, pull off the pommel and plug it in.

I havent seen many pics of sidious's hilt so I dont know.

http://part***press.com/
    Wasn't asking about ports... thanks for missing the point. I've done that before anyway. For all I know you got the idea from reading me say I did that.

Madcow and others that didn't see it:

Cutting into this hilt is NOT what I want. There is no obvious this is where a switch is place... that's by design, but I need some way of doing the power.

HOLY CRAP... I just thought of it right now while typing. The brass thing at the bottom is over a wooded dowel driven into the hilt. I can take out the dowel and use it to hide a slide switch (I got that thinking of what you've done Madcow). It will appear intact but the brass part is the switch.

SCHWEET! I think I even have a slide that'll work too. x 100
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

I was saying I got an idea for a port from them not telling you...what ever anyway I think you missed my point. I was just telling you that you might get an idea from that link I put up.

But I went back and looked at the pics and I got to thinking. What about that copper brass looking thing on the bottem side of the hilt. couldent you find a button switch or something that resembles it and put it in that place instead.

It would still have the "look" or I dont know just an idea.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I read your post... didn't understand it. I don't think you read mine though, at least fully. I already said exactly that.

I actually already carved the spot out for the switch. It works well.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Sounds cool. Glad it's going to work out for you, makes me kinda wish I hadn't been so lazy, but my collecting focus has kinda moved away from sabers.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Ryma Mara

I got to thinking, with the replicas that dont have anything, well they say its got a couple leds on them for accents, well I was thinking theres got to be a way to open it up to change the batteries.

maybe they had the hole for the blade machined out.

I was thinking maybe I could have that done to a replica pice but I would still want sound and that would be tough without doing to many alterations.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, I got the switch in there. I'm going to need to wait a while so I can get a Red LED and heatsink. Plus I need to grab some 3/4" PolyC blades... but that's not all that tough.

I'm also glad with a Red LED I can make use of some of the li-ions I have. In the meantime I got a Red acrylic blade and it rocks.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

Them acrylic blades arnt very duelable?

But iam sure a light going thru it looks fricking sweet