Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pointed tips

From what I've seen, saber combat groups / competitions often require round tips because yeah, they're not going to hurt/injure you like a bullet/pointed tip.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

To answer the question that got a little overrun, in my opinion bullet tips look more screen accurate, which is why I prefer them

Ok, thanks guys! No eye losing please....
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

Force Aware

Though bullet tips are more screen accurate, IMO they certainly don't attribute to the look of the saber once it is turned on. When the blade is illuminated, the bullet tip just looks like a large, white piece of plastic at the end of your saber. I like the rounded tips more due to they smaller amount of plastic at the end. It is a little less obvious that the tip doesn't light up when you have the smaller tip :P> I also have slight reason to believe that when you fight with a bullet tip, due to the taller shape and larger mass, it is easier to pop off of a blade than a rounded tip is.

There are ways to make both style of tip light up very well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

[QUOTE=Sevinzol;241636]"It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye"

Then it's fun and games with an eye patch. ARRRR!!! Matey!!
    Sith Happens

Sorry for the late reply. I prefer them because they look more accurate to me, and in my experience light up nicely. While the round tip is safer, I like the bullet tip for asthetical purposes. It just looks way cooler than a round tip IMHO.

I find that neither round or bullet tips light up if they are the opaque white plastic type. But the clear frosted ones light up quite well if you remove the outer edge of the mirror before installing the tip.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

I've found that to make the white tips light up, you need to remove the mirror and drill them out a bit, then re-install a smaller diameter mirror/reflective material that fits in the pocket you've drilled.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Or what I was planning on doing was getting a pointed tip then sanding the very tip some so its kinda both worlds in a way when I do my build. Just thought it might be a cool idea to try =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-