Thread: Resistor for Tri-Reb RGB

Default Resistor for Tri-Reb RGB

Ok so short question. I did the math for the Green and Blue dies and its .19 ohms...a really small and inconsequential value. I can' teem to find resistors that value and I read somewhere else on this forum that I should be able to run the Blue and Green dies directly from the PRIZMs pads. But I can' twins the thread so I just want to make sure I don't ruin my led if I power them directly from the board.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Resistors only come in certain values, so you would likely have to "round up" to the next value. It is ALWAYS a good idea to put at least a minimal resistor on a main LED, unless you love replacement main LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok thanks. Hum one more question, if I wire the resistor can I then create a junction after the resistor without losing ohms? Or amperage...which ever it is I need...
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

I found some .27ohm 1/4watt resistors on ebay and they work great on my tri-reb rgb. I have a NBv2 and set up so I cam mix 2 colors for the main and 3rd for FoC. I used jst plugs for easy switching. Not true color mixing but you can get teal, yellow/green, and a purple like. Along with the regular rgb. I use the g and b to get teal with a red FoC. If you want a diagram of my set up just message me and I will put one together for you.

Thanks Thalan I'm using a PRIZM though and it already has a "color mixer" so I think I'm set in that respect, thanks for the offer though!

Don't do the junction. Just get two resistors and resist each die in itself and you'll be good.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Ok. I am doing a Crystal chamber though that I'm wiring in parrallel to the main led. Still use separate resistors?

Each LED will need it's own resistor, the main AND each part of the accent LED.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Alright thanks guys pretty sure this is my last question before I start building so thanks for all the help!

Ok I lied, one more question.

The blue anti vandal runs at 3.3 V and 20mA...PRIZMs pad supplies 3.3V...so no resistor right?

The 3.3V pad does.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-07-2015 at 03:00 PM.