Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to the site with a few questions.

Hello Hitmanwa, if the sink tube was for sleeving or shroud, there is tube available at TCSS in the extensions section correction:- adapters and misc
    Last edited by Greenie; 06-28-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanwa View Post
    I have everything and am currently working on this. Really having fun with it. I screwed up and got the Machine 16mm AV switch hole. I went and looking for a few switches at the hardware stores but couldn't find anything I liked other than door bells which you have to keep pressed in order for it to work. I'm still trying to work all that out.

Quick question. What is the best way to charge the 7.4v Li-ion 1050mAh 14650 Battery Pack?
    Also, I bought some 1.5' sink tubing but it's not quite big enough to fit the hilt. Any suggestions?

Thanks again, will post when I'm done.

Well, I'd say the easiest solution for your switch problem is to buy a 16mm switch =D
    You just need one of the 4.5-20V pololu converter boards. Like this Make sure you get the 4.5 - 20V board and not the 2.5 - 7V one.
    If you wanted to use a doorbell instead of an AV switch, you could probably make that work. I'm no doorbell expert but it seems like they'd function like the mom switches here.

For charging your battery pack, you'd want one of these chargers but you'd also need a recharge port to plug it into.
    You wouldn't necessarily have to install the port into the hilt, but it would be more convenient, for sure.
    I like having recharge ports but I also like being able to change out the battery pack in case I don't feel like waiting to charge it. So I just soldered a JST connector to a spare recharge port so that I could plug the battery pack into the smart charger. There could be better ways to do it but that's what I did, and it works.

You can usually find sink tube with 2 different inner diameters in hardware stores. I don't remember exactly what they are but one fits, one doesn't. In my experience, the ones that don't fit are more common. Like Greenie said, TCSS stocks sink tube and I think the 1 1/2" size fits over MHS, but he also sells aluminum sleeve material which has the same finish as MHS parts and is more durable. I'd go with that, personally, but both options are here in the store.

With the sink tubes, you will find 20guage or 22guage...the MHS parts are machined to fit inside the 22ga. as it has an inside diameter of about 1.46", with the MHS having an outside diameter of 1.45". 22ga. can only be used if you have Tim machine the MHsv1 parts down to 1.44/43".

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thank you very much. I found the sink tube at a local hardware store, I was very surprised. Another quick question if I may. Is there a soundboard that would work with this particular setup?
    Last edited by hitmanwa; 06-28-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanwa View Post
    Thank you very much. I found the sink tube at a local hardware store, I was very surprised. Another quick question if I may. Is there a soundboard that would work with this particular setup?
    With your 7.4v li-ion battery set-up, a petit crouton 3.5 would be ideal.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.