Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Custom Saber, Drawn in Solid Works

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    Unfortunately with the pieces you're wanting to use that F2F adapter is going to be a necessary "evil". You would have to remove the crystal chamber piece to be able to get rid of that adapter (like in your second mockup). That fourth mockup is interesting, with the choke turned "upside down" like that. It's intriguing to me in that it looks good and is unique.
    It does, doesnt it? its one of the more promising mockups as of yet with my choise of pieces. And since I only plan to make one single saber (I'm not the biggest geek there is in this matter) I want to make sure that I got the best bang for the buck .

Quote Originally Posted by samthe0ne View Post
    ... I only plan to make one single saber ...
    This is how it always begins. But then you realize you need a friend with a saber if you want to duel. We all want to duel. None of your friends have sabers, so you return to the drawing board...

And then you have a wall full of sabers.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hehe you're not wrong Serpent! I've got half a dozen different designs on my whiteboard right now, and two builds in the shop!

Well, Since I've already have made 3 different sabers before (worked in a metal-industry before) I got some duel-friendly hilts already and just need one more. However, if my brother further on wants a good saber instead of borrowing my hilts I'm happy to help him build one
    Redigering 2.jpg
    Redigering 1.jpg
    Last edited by samthe0ne; 06-04-2015 at 11:16 AM.

"Make one saber they said...you won't get addicted they said"

Yeah that pretty much sums up me and sabers at the moment...I hate myself for blowing all my money but I love building these things. Planning out my next saber as I write this
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

A little bit simplier mockup, but still in the right length for my taste
    Lightsaber Mod 5.jpg

Nice. For some reason I can see this powering on and the light just flaring through those windows but in a red blade for some odd reason :P
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-