Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Saber, Drawn in Solid Works

Default Custom Saber, Drawn in Solid Works

Activation Box.jpg
    Blade holder.jpg
    Chrystal Assembly.jpg
    Chrystal Chamber.jpg
    Main body.jpg
    My future Saber, 3D-rendered in Solid Works with the help of the MHS Builder, which wasnt to easy, cant zoom in on the measurements/scale in that app . Hince, it's not completely correct, messed up the measurments in the choke, and have to make a channel for the cables for the bladeholder in the Crystal-chamber
    Last edited by samthe0ne; 06-04-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: forgot some words

Lightsaber.jpg
    Pommel.jpg
    Ribbed Grooved Choke combo.jpg
    The rest of the Saber (and parts)
    Last edited by samthe0ne; 06-04-2015 at 01:40 AM.

The crystal chamber you've got drawn up looks and awful lot like the one I posted a few days ago--I'm using the 1/4" brass tubes in mine to route wiring through the chamber, you could do the same for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by samthe0ne View Post
    Attachment 11453Attachment 11454Attachment 11455
    The rest of the Saber (and parts)
    Can't see this ones...

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    The crystal chamber you've got drawn up looks and awful lot like the one I posted a few days ago--I'm using the 1/4" brass tubes in mine to route wiring through the chamber, you could do the same for yours.
    Honestly, I got the idea from you, so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Can't see this ones...
    Looking in to it

Quote Originally Posted by samthe0ne View Post
    Honestly, I got the idea from you, so thanks
    Glad to know my work is worth replicating I notice you've got the tubes in a square pattern. I know it's a rough design that you've drawn up, but keep in mind that when you make the final pieces you'll want to put them in the same sort of hexagonal pattern that the slots on the MHS chamber are in, that way your tubes don't block your view into the chamber.

My second concern is where you're going to try placing the chamber on the hilt (which is extremely long for a standard hilt haha). Where it is right now, the top of your chamber is going to be taken up by the heatsink from the LED star in your emitter piece. Personally I would consider putting the chamber below the choke section, as it's more lore-friendly, and more wiring-friendly, but it's just my opinion. I took the liberty of showing the differences using the MHS builder.

new_external.jpgnew_internal.jpg
    original_external.jpgoriginal_internal.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    Glad to know my work is worth replicating I notice you've got the tubes in a square pattern. I know it's a rough design that you've drawn up, but keep in mind that when you make the final pieces you'll want to put them in the same sort of hexagonal pattern that the slots on the MHS chamber are in, that way your tubes don't block your view into the chamber.

My second concern is where you're going to try placing the chamber on the hilt (which is extremely long for a standard hilt haha). Where it is right now, the top of your chamber is going to be taken up by the heatsink from the LED star in your emitter piece. Personally I would consider putting the chamber below the choke section, as it's more lore-friendly, and more wiring-friendly, but it's just my opinion. I took the liberty of showing the differences using the MHS builder.

new_external.jpgnew_internal.jpg
    original_external.jpgoriginal_internal.jpg
    Yeah, I know that it is a bit long for a standard hilt, but i didnt like the look of the Pommel/Main body/Choke-combo/Bladeholder so I wanted something more in there, and this was what I came up with. And frankly, I rather have it like this than the other variation:
    Lightsaber Mod 2.jpg
    Lightsaber Mod 3.jpg
    Lightsaber.jpg
    Lightsaber Mod 4.jpg
    But I'll leave it up too you guys to judge
    Last edited by samthe0ne; 06-04-2015 at 08:20 AM.

@sgcdialler most of all I wold like to get rid of the Double female extention, its that single piece that bothers me :P

Unfortunately with the pieces you're wanting to use that F2F adapter is going to be a necessary "evil". You would have to remove the crystal chamber piece to be able to get rid of that adapter (like in your second mockup). That fourth mockup is interesting, with the choke turned "upside down" like that. It's intriguing to me in that it looks good and is unique.