Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sf+mhs?

Quote Originally Posted by sgcdialler View Post
    Instead of sinking to the level of brand-bashing, how about we talk about all the cool things we can do with TCSS parts instead?
    Like how you can take them apart and upgrade them... I bought a used SF hilt to upgrade and They pretty much glue everything together, apparently. The hilt pieces, the switches, the LED module were all glued together... the soundboard and battery were glued/electrical taped in place. What a pain.

So... cool things like how you have nearly limitless options to make whatever you want (providing you have the tools/equipment)

Or how you can have lots of parts customized by Tim if you don't have the means to do it yourself.

Or how long the threads in hilt pieces are nice & long, so you know they won't break and come apart.

All the options for switches and switch boxes. Including tactile switches!

The fact that you can add a recharge port with kill key to your hilt for about $8, whereas other companies can charge $132. I mean... wow.

All the powder coating colors and options that other saber companies don't offer.

The forums/community willing to help everyone.

The option to have colored "day blades."

The awesome thumb screws Tim sells. I love them. The colored ones and the item# 83238WTS ones. Love them both. Look great, work great.

The list can go on and on. I actually really want to get off work and go home to work on my current project. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Resisting the urge to bash saberforge... struggling to resist the urge to bash saberforge......
    Is it really that bad? I'm not doing the research for myself on this one, but a friend of mine is trying to find a better brand than Ultra, because his blade broke and his brother's hilt had resistor issues, and he wants a saberpike. He thought that maybe SF would have btter quality, am I wrong about this?
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

We do not discuss Tim's competition on this forum, especially Ultrasabers and SaberForge, so please refrain from doing so.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    We do not discuss Tim's competition on this forum, especially Ultrasabers and SaberForge, so please refrain from doing so.
    Sorry, I was trying to figure out if I could use parts from here to upgrade those sabers.
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

TCSS MHS parts are designed to work with other MHS parts from TCSS. The hilt pieces will not fit saber forge hilts. The only things you'll be able to use are the switches and the electronics. Chassis parts may fit, but there are no guarantees.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Alright, thank you, how would you suggest building a lightsaber pike?

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    Alright, thank you, how would you suggest building a lightsaber pike?
    With long sections and adaptors.

I knocked this up in the builder to give you an idea.

SaberBuilder_render(2).jpg

If you aren't too picky, I'd go with PVC hilt/staff segment and find way to adapt it to MHS (I think there was a method but I can't seem to remember it...) you can buy 10' ft of PVC for like $3. But if you can' tad apt or just want a super awesome metal pike go with the long extensions.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands