Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sf+mhs?

Default Sf+mhs?

I know you guys get a little touchy when other brands get referenced, but I needed some help and thought you guys could help answer. Is Saber Forge MHS compatible, like, if I wanted to use one of their bodies and a MHS hilt, would they screw together or would the threads not fit?
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    I know you guys get a little touchy when other brands get referenced, but I needed some help and thought you guys could help answer. Is Saber Forge MHS compatible, like, if I wanted to use one of their bodies and a MHS hilt, would they screw together or would the threads not fit?
    SF's stuff is NOT MHS compatible.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Besides, why would you want to use their stuff? It's terrible haha
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    Besides, why would you want to use their stuff? It's terrible haha
    Let's watch the bashing.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I'm being honest though. I own a SF hilt that I installed my own stuff into and it's just not up to par for what I paid. Tim's stuff will always be superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    I'm being honest though. I own a SF hilt that I installed my own stuff into and it's just not up to par for what I paid. Tim's stuff will always be superior.
    I know, and I agree - I've seen his work up close and personal myself. But with that said, let's not get into bashing SF here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Just trying to aggressively sway someone away from a disappointing purchase haha

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    I'm not touchy. So I can say this, I've owned a few SF hilts. They're not GREAT, but their not horrible either. I'd say after 10 or so years using MHS there's pretty much no other reason to run out and get parts from someone else. Between what there is to offer in the store and what Tim and his people can do the sky's the limit, but the imagination is not
    However, there is one among us on these forums who builds wicked hilts. I just picked up one, I could not be happier. IF you are looking for a good quality saber, with the ability to be modded. Go check out GCS, seriously can not put my Ascend down
    And yes... that was a shameless plug, and some advice (like I should give it) for a new builder.
    Don't hate me FJK

Resisting the urge to bash saberforge... struggling to resist the urge to bash saberforge......

Instead of sinking to the level of brand-bashing, how about we talk about all the cool things we can do with TCSS parts instead?