Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lime/Lime/Neutral White Rebel Tri-Star resistors

Default Lime/Lime/Neutral White Rebel Tri-Star resistors

I will be running a nano biscotti v2 with power extender for FoC with the TCSS Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery. Just wondering what resistors I should use for the LED's. The white LED is to be wired for the flash while the two lime LED's are going to be wired in parallel for the blade color.

I don't know what resistor, but the MUR410G diode will work. Ive used them for the lime LEDs in a very similar setup.
    I can light a small city with my board

Thanks! Should I just leave the white alone?

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieSaberGuy View Post
    Thanks! Should I just leave the white alone?
    The white needs 3.25V right? that could be a 1ohm 2 watt resistor, or you could you that same diode.
    You could also use the 1ohm 2watt resistor for the limes, but I believe the MUR410G diode gives the Lime (and probably white) more power while still being safe.

I use 1ohm 2W in my lime rebel saber. Even though they're not always perfect, I always keep plenty of those resistors around, I use them often.

Thanks for the options guys! I'll just have to try them both and see which works best for me!

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieSaberGuy View Post
    Thanks for the options guys! I'll just have to try them both and see which works best for me!
    Id be curious if it made a noticeable difference. If you do try both post pictures

Just out of curiosity, if I were to upgrade to the petit crouton and a 7.4v 18650 battery what would I use?

It depends on how you wire things. If you wire the Limes in serial, and attach them to the main channel, you wouldn't need a resistor at all.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh rad, does wiring them in serial make them any less bright?