Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crystal chamber pieces

Default Crystal chamber pieces

I know it isn't a whole saber, but machining these pieces has by far been the most fun process of my current MHS build. I get a big kick out of any chance to fire up the mill or lathe
    I started with 1.5" round brass stock, and the rest just sort of went from there.
    Sorry for the potato quality on the first few, I only had my phone out in the shop.

imag1671.jpg
    imag1691.jpg
    imag1694.jpg
    imag1696.jpg
    imag1695.jpg

dscn0282.jpg
    dscn0283.jpg
    dscn0284.jpg

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to cut out the aluminum in the front there to make a bigger window into the chamber. Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about it. It looks amazing as is.

Nice machine work, looks good!

That is a beautiful crystal chamber. Just gorgeous. And I wouldn't cut any. I think that it looks nice, and I bet in person is even more striking.

I'd opt for larger windows personally. Looks good though.
    What may have Bean, should have Bean and so shall have Bean, once again.

nice! How do you fix the crystal? and What Led are you using?

Ha! Conflicting opinions on the bigger window is exactly how I feel! I think I'm going to wait until the build is put together before I really decide on whether to cut it out or not. It will depend on how it feels in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorpig View Post
    nice! How do you fix the crystal? and What Led are you using?
    The crystal is fixed in between the top and bottom brass pieces via pressure fit. The crystal sets in the cup in the bottom piece, and I machined the dimple in the top piece to fit the point almost perfectly. As for the LED, in these pictures I actually had the chamber sitting over the flash LED in my phone, but there's a small hole in the base to pressure-fit a 5mm RGB LED.

I also think bigger windows would be cooler but suuuper good work on the brass though. Love it.