Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first build i need help

First thanks for the fast responses.
    anywho if i remember from the video, Madcow Bridges(?) both the positive and negative pads for both die. i understand he is a professional, and i'm probably over complicating this for myself.

Yes, he does bridge them, but with that said, in this case, you shouldn't. Use the separate wires method I mentioned earlier, and your life will be much easier.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

time to do some research about the best way to do this. i dont want to bother you with something i could just as easily look up.
    Thanks for the clarification, i had a feeling i was over complicating it.

just a quick clarification. even though the source voltage is slightly higher than the royal blue forward Voltage. i calculated i'd need a .19 ohm resistance, so probably a .2 ohm resistor. should i resistor it to be on the safe side or does the small difference matter all that much?

You should put at least a minimal resistor on it. Think of it as "insurance".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That's what i'm thinking. i might have to resistor the red more than i planned but it'll be worth it.

thanks again.