Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC3.5 Boot sound, no activation

I should have posted back here sooner with what Zook/MH/Chewbacca (fx forums) and I concluded. After I described the situation and detailed what experiments I had and hadn't done, we ran through a couple things before concluding the following: that I had been working on the board with the positive power terminal still connected from the charge port. The issue, and a potential fix (which works about half the time) are detailed here by Erv. Unfortunately, I tried the fix and had no luck, so I'll be sending my board off to Zook to be repaired.

EDIT: I should add that working on the board with the positive power terminal still connected, as Erv says on that post, fries the switch input in the processor. The lesson learned here is that no matter what work you're doing, ALWAYS disconnect the power completely before you start soldering anything.
    Last edited by sgcdialler; 05-31-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Yeah, that would be an issue.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com