Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: The Tri-Lux is here.

Yes, moving. And what an experience it has been. I am finally in Idaho now and have a lot of unpacking and basement/garage finishing to do before I can set up my shop again. I will post some updates shortly for those who are interested.

Welcome to my fair city Ace!
    FSM What's on your belt?

Copy that Ace... welcome back to earth, heheheh

Enjoy the unpacking!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Copy that Ace... welcome back to earth, heheheh

Enjoy the unpacking!
    Yeah, all 534 boxes/items comprising 13,452 seperate items. How do I know this? Because for the insurance through the mover, we had to itemize every single thing they took. It's mostly all unpacked and I have been working on finishing the two rooms in the basement for my wife's office and my son's playroom.

SuperT - What's with the funky weather here? Can't it make up it's mind? 100 degrees at noon, 90 mph winds at 3:00, and pouring rain at 5:00. But I do love my view of the mountains.

Acerocket - glad to hear that the move went smoothly. A view of the mountains is always great, I think. But I have it better - I live in the mountains!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

glad to hear your move is going well Ace!

let us know when you're all settled in, as i know there are several people requiring your assistance (myself included ).
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Maybe i should have warned you of the weather here, if you dont like it... wait 5 minutes and it will change. The 90s are quite rare this time of year, generally late july to the first week of september is our hottest time of year, and we have had uncommonly rare specks of rain, generally it rains quite a bit more in the summertime. Our local resevoir is down to 8% and a bridge that was once used for cars to cross the river is exposed for the first time since the dam was built. Generally we get more snow in the winter that fills the lake as it melts, but enough about the weather, school started today isnt that more interesting? Oh and Sabers, lot of sabers, far more fun than our wierd weather.
    p.s. have you been up to see the windmills? they are enormous, 480 yards of concrete in the base of each one
    FSM What's on your belt?

I just got to thinking about something.....

Ok with the trilux you need a good sized heatsink, ok thats all fine and dandy. You can take a small amout of length off of it from anodizing cause as I have learned that anodizing helps increase surface area and better heat disopation.

Ok now heres my idea. Instead of making the led unit sit low in the hilt what if the (mhs just for example) bladeholder area where the optics sit. What if that was opened up a bit for the unit to sit up into the bladeholder like the optics do.

How well would that work out as far as structeral integrity for the bladeholder?

Would it be stable enought if some of the id was opened up, basicly making the trilux unit set inside some of the bottem of the bladeholder?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics