Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boot sound but no light or sound with newly installed sound font

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Have you properly restored your LED(s)?
    Restored LEDs? I'm not sure what you mean by that. First I've heard that phrase used, please explain.

I went ahead and played with the sensitivity value 'i' in the configuration files. I dropped them from 53 to 40 and that has eliminated the constant swinging sounds but not so much that they don't activate at all. So perhaps that is sorted. I still don't trust that the battery has been fully charged so I went ahead and ordered a new battery charger.

Quote Originally Posted by JI7 View Post
    Restored LEDs? I'm not sure what you mean by that. First I've heard that phrase used, please explain.
    It should have said resistored LEDs. I dislike autocorrect sometimes. Do you have resistors on all of your main and FoC LEDs?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Agreed, sounds like you need a 1/2 ohm 3w resistor on your LED. that will keep it from running away with the voltage and constantly triggering sounds.

I'm using the tri-rebel star LED RGB in conjunction with a 18650 3.7V battery. I've got the green and red in parallel to produce an amber blade with blue as flash on clash. The green LED is resistored using a .47ohm .5watt resistor, the red has a 2ohm 1watt resistor and the blue which is connected to the Power Xtender for FoC is resistored with a 1ohm 2watt resistor. So when you suggest a .5 ohm 3watt resistor, which LED are you suggesting this for? Oh yeah, the momentary switch is resistored using the Dynaohm.

Update: I charged the batteries with the new charger so I'm pretty confident they are fully charged. I dropped sensitivity to 35 and upped volume to 4 which worked for like 20 seconds but then it started swinging. Should I try hs and ls values or does it seem unlikely that configuration settings are the answer? This is starting to annoy me now. Everything is functioning correctly, the blade colour is correct, the FoC works fine, although the blue is a bit of a lighter shade of blue than I anticipated. The kill key is functioning properly and boot sounds work when its removed. Just that darn swinging sound.
    Last edited by JI7; 05-26-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Do you have the board very close to the speaker? The vibrations could be causing you some issues. You may likely need to adjust your sensitivity settings.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

No, the speaker and board aren't close together. In fact, at this point I am testing the sound outside of the sabre. I've got the chassis out and sat still on a level surface. I've dropped the 'i' setting down to 35. Do you think it needs to be lower than that? Or should I start messing around with the 'ls' setting? I will see what I can do. I may have to just give it up and go back to light meant and dark meat and see if they function correctly.

Where did you get your batteries? Also, are they individually protected, or do you have a single protection PCB for both?
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

He's only using one 3.7V battery, one that rated for allegedly 4000 mAh.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines