Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Regal minimalism (first build)

Default Regal minimalism (first build)

I've been messing with hilt configurations on MHS builder for so long that, when i finally decided to take the plunge, most of the parts were out of stock, LOL
    Also, with powder coating out of the question, and no approachable powder coating services locally (that i know of), any painting would have to be limited to grooves, where it wouldn't wear out, and i'd have to mix in some media blasting to break up the monotony.

I had to make do with what was left in stock and aforementioned limitations, plus, being of pretty limited creativity, i had to keep it pretty simple.

Here's what i came up with:

Parts are ordered, we'll see how well this will work out.

If things pan out, and i gather the courage, i might try adding a shroud at some point.
    Something simple like this, perhaps?

Not a bad looking design at all. Is it just a stunt or are you going to add sound?

It's going to have sound.
    CF probably, tri-cree, orange+orange+white.

Nice. I'd go with a Royal Blue, Red, Green and get the full color mixing, but that's me. Can't wait to see it powered up.

Some more fooling around in Photoshop.

Yeah, yeah, crappy, i know

I think it looks really nice! Good luck!
    What may have Bean, should have Bean and so shall have Bean, once again.

According to a friend, it looks like a katana (which is not quite what i wanted, lol).

Oh well, got to wait for the TCSS package to arrive (long way from WA state to Croatia, EU), then i'll play with some paper mockups and try to figure out some kind of a shroud design.

Good luck with it, nice to see someone from Planet Europe in the business to build lightsabers!

Thank you

In other news... Got a package from Plecter Labs today.
    CF7 is in da house.

TCSS package is still in never-never-land since departing WA state.
    I guess i can use the time to figure out where to get a blade and find someone locally to whip me up a 2S 18500 battery pack