Thread: Best speaker for use with Crystal Focus v7.5?

Default Best speaker for use with Crystal Focus v7.5?

Hey all! Very simple question. Out of the speakers sold in the store, which would you recommend for the Crystal Focus v7.5?? I have the 2w 28mm Bass speaker on my PC 2.0, and it is awesome, but I have heard that some people prefer the regular premium speaker for different reasons. I want to fully take advantage of the amazing sound quality that the CF is capable of. Which speaker I get will also dictate my chassis design and the size of my resonance chamber.

Please chime in with your thoughts!!

It all depends - mostly on you. The bass speaker obviously is better with deeper sounds, and many think the premium is better for all around sound.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I've tried both speakers with the CF 7 and in my opinion the premium speaker is the way to go.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I totally get what you mean FJK. I love that bass speaker, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Machinimax, care to elaborate? Is it a crisper sound quality than the bass speaker? Friendlier for a wider range of fonts? I will have 12 on my CF, and I know some would sound awesome with bass, but I am wondering if the premium would be better for overall clarity and sound production. Is it nearly as loud as the bass speaker?

Force Aware

I love the bass speaker for hums and the general rumble in a font, though the premium speaker really seems to pick up the volume and the sharp noises that a saber would emit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahc Zi Phan View Post
    I totally get what you mean FJK. I love that bass speaker, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Machinimax, care to elaborate? Is it a crisper sound quality than the bass speaker? Friendlier for a wider range of fonts? I will have 12 on my CF, and I know some would sound awesome with bass, but I am wondering if the premium would be better for overall clarity and sound production. Is it nearly as loud as the bass speaker?
    I believe it is actually louder than the bass. You actually described it nicely, it is a crisper sound quality. While it doesn't have that extra kick that the bass speaker provides, it provides its own uniqueness with its sound quality.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker