Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My first saber build for my sith character Darth Malefica

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the advice Johannes =)

So I damaged one of the chassis supports while working on it and then decided to redesign the chassis completely using an aluminum tube. Here's what I have so far including a quick and dirty test of illuminating the crystal. I am able to run at least 4 wires through each of the three aluminum tubes you see in the crystal chamber so I shouldn't have any wires showing there. You can see the wires for the activation and aux buttons coming out of one of the tubes.

Last edited by Tahn Zelik; 05-27-2015 at 03:36 AM.

Very interested to see how you wire this up. It's going to get really tight in there, especially if you're running a Cex.

Awesome design....elegant yet deadly.

Wish I had your skillz....

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic Jedi View Post
    Very interested to see how you wire this up. It's going to get really tight in there, especially if you're running a Cex.
    I guess we'll see soon.

Maybe I should call you Sancho Panza =P

Very cool build. I dig

I added a greeblie between the wiring conduits on the hilt as well as a trans-illuminated 4 segment power level indicator on the lower grip area. Also made a few tweaks to the crystal chamber to improve appearance. You can see the filed down tops of the PLI LEDs on the removable chassis door. The door will be held in place with two magnets.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

That's a good-looking saber. I'm rather partial to the concept of building a weapon that fits the wielder instead of trying to adjust one's style to a standard weapon concept. Great build!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyah View Post
    That's a good-looking saber. I'm rather partial to the concept of building a weapon that fits the wielder instead of trying to adjust one's style to a standard weapon concept. Great build!
    Thanks =)