Thread: switch help

Default switch help

I am trying to find a switch that I can use in a blaster. I need it to , when pressed, only flash the light once and then need to be released and pressed again. I don't want a momentary since they stay light if held down. I have been looking online but really have no idea even what to call this type of switch. Ao please any help would be nice.

If you are using the Plecter Labs Blaster Core, I would assume that there would be config. parameters in which you could set the blaster to only fire once no matter how long you hold it down. I know there is a full auto and semi auto mode, so methinks in semi auto it would fire once like you want, and fire continuously in full auto... I believe if you used some kind of switch that would let off instantly after pressing, it would functionally disable the full auto firing mode. This is of course assuming you are using the Blaster Core.

That being said, I have seen a few electronic switches that are specifically designed to be triggers, and even come with the trigger "bow" itself. I am not allowed to link to that page because of TCSS forum rules, but I am sure if you look around on sites where Anti-vandals and momentary switches are found, you could find one. I believe the company is called E-switch. I wonder if their trigger would achieve what you are looking for (assuming you are NOT using the Blaster core).

Yes I am not planning on using a sound board till I can be sure I like the way the blaster comes out. I am not doing a traditional blaster I am trying to create something similar to some of the blaster snipers from SWTOR. So untill I can get the desigin/build the way I feel it should be it sill just be lights. I will look there if you could just message me the link. I think that would be ok.

I don't know of any switches that will do what you're asking. You could build a small timing circuit that would do the job, if you have some electronics experience.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

no experience with building circuts...tho I wish I did so I could make one to give it a full auto effect as well. But alas I guess I will just be stuck using the tactile momentary I have and try to come up with something mechanical to do what I need.