Thread: First Build Design, Wiring, and Parts List!

Default First Build Design, Wiring, and Parts List!

Well hopefully I got this right!

This is a non-exhaustive list as I have yet to calculate resistor values and I am also rather forgetful so I may very well have left something/s off.

Design

macron5 saber.jpg

I will do some etching inside the line on the sleeve material as well.

Wiring

wiring diagram.jpg

It's been awhile since I've messed with electronics so I'm not sure this is correct...

Parts List

• MHS choke style 1 short
    • Hilt style 2 (no hole)
    • MHS Sleeve material
    • MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 13 (with V3 Heatsink)
    • Activation box style 10
    • 16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
    • Yellow LED indicator
    • Momentary to latching converter 4.5-20V
    • Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    • Luxeon Rebel Star (Royal Blue)
    • Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    • Star thermal tape pad
    • MPS Pommel style 8
    • MPS Clip
    • MPS Insert style 6
    • Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
    • 7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
    • 7.4V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
    • Kill plug style 5 (Color: None)
    • 8-32 x 3/8" Stainless Steel thumb screw
    • Black machined button for Covertec clip
    • Covertec Clip
    • 8-32 x 3/8" socket head
    • 1" Hilt safety plug (Trans White)
    • 2W 28mm Bass Speaker

Work Station

workbench.jpg

And just for kicks, I thought I would put up a pic of where I will build and wire up my first saber!!!

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Cool design, and I really dig the shroud. Just make sure it's less than 12" long, or that you check to see if the shop has longer pieces of sleeve material in stock. I designed the shroud on my saber before I realized that the sleeve material wasn't sold by the foot, but luckily Tim had some 18" pieces in stock with cosmetic damage my design could absorb.

You could save yourself some wiring by eliminating the 5volt regulator and 7.4 volt pack. A single 18650 @ 3.7 volts will run your set up just fine, even with the two accent leds. I've dome similar set ups before and all worked just fine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

ZT on the workbench! I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You could save yourself some wiring by eliminating the 5volt regulator and 7.4 volt pack. A single 18650 @ 3.7 volts will run your set up just fine, even with the two accent leds. I've dome similar set ups before and all worked just fine.
    That would be awesome!

On a side note:
    Will running the primary (Rebel Star) LED straight off the MR Vader soundboard will give me the mA required to drive the led or should I power it through a buck puck and ground it through the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    ZT on the workbench! I like it
    Thanks! love my ZTs!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock84 View Post
    That would be awesome!

On a side note:
    Will running the primary (Rebel Star) LED straight off the MR Vader soundboard will give me the mA required to drive the led or should I power it through a buck puck and ground it through the board?
    unless its he red rebel,yes run it straight from the board without a resistor. If its red, you'll need the appropriate resistor. A buck puck won't help you if you use a single li-ion cell, as the puck requires a minimum of 5 volts to operate. Also keep in mind that in order to get the full current from the board to your main led, you'll need to use all 6 of the ground pads for the led string the board used to power.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.