Thread: My designs/ideas. Opinions?

Default My designs/ideas. Opinions?

Hey all. I am getting ready to build a pretty awesome saber with CF and Cex, and have a super awesome chassis and CC reveal setup in the works. Now has come the time to nail down the exterior. I have included a rendering with three setups from the MHS builder, and would love some feedback. I want a sleek and elegant exterior, without too much bling. Very nice, very formidable, but somewhat subtle. Each is around 13" long. So heres what I have:

three sabers jpeg.jpg

The rectangular section next to the blade holder on the 2" double female on each saber is meant to represent the MHS claw mount, which I plan to have tapped to hold 2x 12mm Anti Vandals. the rear 5" AND the rear double female will be unscrewed to reveal the custom internal setup. The double male separating the two females will stay put to keep the chassis in place.

I am throwing around the idea of knurling the back section and having it powder coated black, Or media blasting it and the blade holder and having them powder coated after that (love that effect). Maybe even custom anodizing grey/blue-ish. Also thinking about media blasting the blade holder and claw mount, knurling and powder coating the 5" section, and having the jedi code engraved in Aurebesh on the double female that isn't under the claw mount, then highly polishing the aluminum that isn't powder coated or media blasted. There is a bit of inspiration there from Madcow's Corran Horn, which I think is GORGEOUS. Don't want to copy it, but I love that motif.

Just. Can't. Decide.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Pictures of anything mentioned above?? Feedback very much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images