Thread: Sink saber w/05 Anakin sound board & chasse.

Default Sink saber w/05 Anakin sound board & chasse.

First off new to the forums, so hello everyone.

I am new to the saber building but not the prop building. I have a basic soldering knowledge, but not the electrical part.
    So I need your help.

I plan on making a sink tube saber to start off with. I want it to have an internal chassis and crystal chamber.
    I am going the route of making the internals before the hilt. I do have a prototype in the works tho. I have purchased the chassis parts that were used in this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dtFeuIbQxRc

Now what I need to know before I can go any further is.

What kind of lithium battery should I use? How many volts for the card. I dont want to blow it.
    And is it possible to attach another led to the card to have for the crystal chamber?

Welcome to the forums!

I know nothing about the master-replicas conversions or using those cards, but I can say this. If you are dead set on having a saber with sound as your first build (I did), I HIGHLY recommend a plecter labs sound card as sold on this store. I have an MR force FX Anakin, and I can tell you that there is ZERO comparison between the way it sounds and behaves and a plecter board. It sounds like a cheap walmart toy compared to my Petit Crouton with even the stock soundfont. They really are the way to go, and not terribly expensive. The Nano Biscotte is fantastic and very cheap and I have seen people wire it up for crystal chambers. Plecter boards are pretty easy to work with. Erv provides complete digital manuals for each with detailed instructions on how to wire them, what to use, and how to do extra cool things (like crystal chambers).

The next step up is the Petit Crouton, which is what I have and is just plain awesome. I am going Crystal Focus for this build I am working on. I am not necessarily trying to sell you on the Plecter board... Okay I am. I am serious. The difference, and the fact that you can put ANY sound font on these things, is HUGE. $65 for a Nano, $130 for a PC on TCSS store... Worlds above the MR soundboards.

My recommendation is that you splurge and buy a Nano. You will NOT regret it.

In addition, they are designed to drive these high power LEDs, and will be MUCH simpler to deal with on your first build.
    Last edited by Zahc Zi Phan; 05-17-2015 at 09:41 PM.