Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: -Need help for my first builds-

I hate to disagree here, but 7.4 volts will not be enough to run three Cree LEDs in series. When Leds are in series configuration, the amperage is does not change, however the voltage is added up. So if you are using two greens and a white, that is 3+3+4=10 volts. I would use three 3.7volt batteries in series to drive your LEDs. On the other hand, if you do as Silver Serpent says and only use two LEDs, the 7.4 volt pack will be fine.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."

Li-po is not recommended for use in sabers. Those cells are not designed to take the beating that sabers will take. You should stick with li-ion unless you're building a saber for display ONLY. If you do any dueling, you'll risk damaging the cells, and lithium battery fires are not pleasant.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMace View Post
    I hate to disagree here, but 7.4 volts will not be enough to run three Cree LEDs in series.
    I was lazy - I assumed just the two non-white dice. I'm sorry.

Ok then..
    I think I'll use a 11.4v battery.
    LiPo technology is also used for RC racing veichles so I thought it had enough resistance.
    What about Ni-MH batteries? too bulky for saber hilts? At present I'm going to build a no-sound saber so I think I'll have a bit more space than usual.
    And one more question: in TCSS I just found a 18? lens for the tri-cree leds, is that suitable for my purpose (36 inches, thick walled PC blade) or I should search for something more narrow?

TY guys
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.