Hola. Buenas Noches.

Starting a sweet build with CF and all the goodies. I am looking for ideas as how to secure the battery, board, and cex inside the hilt without using chassis discs. My favorite idea is to make a Madcow style aluminum sled (1.25 OD, 1" ID) that can be viewed by unscrewing the rear 5" MHS section. I am going for a clean reveal, something fitting of a fine saber. I plan to etch or engrave patterns on the sled, maybe PCB style or Aurebesh. The wiring will be done as neat as possible. Slowly.

Any ideas on how to neatly and strongly secure the boards and battery inside the sled without using tape or glue (would defeat the idea of a fine saber for me)? I plan on doing some dueling, and don't want stuff to bang around at all. I thought about making "clips" using Kydex (heat molded plastic commonly used for holsters) or using thin copper or aluminum sheet bent and shaped to hold the electronics neatly and of course insulated so not to cause issues. Also thought about machining custom discs with a 1" OD to fit inside the sled and using set screws to secure them. So many ideas. The name of the game is NEAT and TIDY. Neat and tidy greeblies. Love that word. Greeblies.

Would love to hear ANY ideas and see any pictures you may have.

I also don't mean to try to copy Madcow, but he is definitely an inspiration and I greatly admire his work. If my saber turns out to be a fraction as cool as one of his, I would be enamored.