Thread: >n00by catchy title goes here<

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Wumbo View Post
    I was thinking I could squeeze them between the 3D printed part and the MHS part and then stealthily run them directly underneath the MHS metal, maybe holding them there with hot glue. I'll have to ask Ammnra how he did his since he surely had to find a way around this same dilemma.
    Yeah I guess it must be possible, 'cause even if you put it near the blade, you'd still have to run the main LED wires past it.

I hear what you're saying on the look, I felt the same. You can make it work for sure, just maybe not with everything else you've got planned on there.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeC View Post
    Hey, what battery did you use? The one in your diagram looks shorter than the 18500 I was going to use. Would the shorter 3.7V 18650 be able to get the job done instead of the 7.4V 18500?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Don't worry about having to tone down your first saber. It's hard to stop at just one, and the skills you get from this build will make your subsequent sabers all the better.
    Oh, I know the feeling. I'm already thinking of my next build which may involve PVC, EL tape, and lots of chrome. Though, I really like this design and perhaps I'll come back to it and refine it after getting some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Boring is a matter of opinion, I have done designs that are considered Simple and Elegant, intricate, and downright lethal looking. It's all in the skill of the designer.
    I understand, I'm just not a fan of the look of a straight tube with extra bits glued on. In my opinion, it all adds up to look like a mess. I'm trying to cut the clutter and keep this saber as essential as possible. I know others may not be a fan of my design and say that it's boring or it's missing features and that's fine. It's all opinion.