Thread: Dent Near Pommel

Default Dent Near Pommel

Had a stroke of bad luck and accidentally dropped my saber on tiled flooring

Basically, the area where the main body screws into the pommel piece is a bit dented and I'm unable to unscrew the pommel. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the two pieces separated? Or am I just out of luck

try putting it in the freezer for 15 min.
    You can also use a little WD-40 to penetrate into the threads

Tried both of those; it was a pain but in the end i managed to get the pommel out!

Sad part is, I think that the threads might be too dented to be of use. Would my best bet be to use a hack saw to trim off the little bit on the ends that's dented?
    It would be a shame for the main body to be unusable.

You can lightly sand the damaged threads down a bit. Be sure you get everything VERY clean afterwards, or it'll jam again. Use some lubricating grease on the threads before you try them again, and DON'T force them. If it binds up, back the part back out, and work on it a bit more.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

It worked! Took a ton of time to sand but I managed to sand off the dented threads.
    All in all, I probably sanded off 1/4th of an inch from the end. Time consuming, but worth it.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

Blog Entries

I did something similar to one of my pieces. I dropped the pommel on the thread and dented it. It wouldn't screw in at all. So I took a thick aluminum bar, stuck it in the pommel, and lightly tapped it on the side with a hammer to get the pommel thread back into shape. I never got it perfect, but I got it close. Using some lithium grease, I was able to continue using the part. Hope this helps.