Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC 3.5 w/ Color extender help

Default PC 3.5 w/ Color extender help

Hey Everyone,

I have been searching everywhere but I cant find the thread that had a wiring diagram of this. I am working on my own diagram and just wanted to have something to go by. Does anyone off hand know the link? I searched all 10 pages of wiring, and the pc sound section but cant find the one I am looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tncaveman View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I have been searching everywhere but I cant find the thread that had a wiring diagram of this. I am working on my own diagram and just wanted to have something to go by. Does anyone off hand know the link? I searched all 10 pages of wiring, and the pc sound section but cant find the one I am looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.
    You could try using the diagrams in that manual.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I get the PC side of it. But my question is how the wiring goes for the color xtender. There isn't a diagram of that in the pc manual.

I get the PC side of it. But my question is how the wiring goes for the color xtender. There isn't a diagram of that in the pc manual.
    It's in the manual, around page 30 IIRC.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Thank you for that. Would anyone be able to check my diagram? I know this isn't the best drawn but I can solder better than I can use a computer paint

wiring.jpg

The LED wiring is wrong for the type of LED you have. The (+) and (-) for each LED is on either side of the LED.

You will also need to be careful of the wiring of the recharge port, and the RICE port, the RICE port negative should be wired to the recharge port negative. The rest looks OK.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The LED wiring is wrong for the type of LED you have. The (+) and (-) for each LED is on either side of the LED.

You will also need to be careful of the wiring of the recharge port, and the RICE port, the RICE port negative should be wired to the recharge port negative. The rest looks OK.
    10-4 the rice port should hit it before the board correct? or does the rice negative have to touch the actual recharge port?

And how would this be for updated drawing?wiring.jpg

10-4 the rice port should hit it before the board correct? or does the rice negative have to touch the actual recharge port?

And how would this be for updated drawing?wiring.jpg
    I have connected mine directly to the Recharge port in the past. The drawing looks better now.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Another question,

The recharge port, does it mater which negative leg goes to the board? I know the positive side. But want to make sure I get the negative right.

Yes, the negative leg that is turned OFF when the kill plug is inserted goes to the board. (test this with a ohm-meter)

I see a problem with your switch wiring. You need to have the ground wire going to both switches.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."