Hey guys,

To make a long story short, I used to own a Ravens Ultrasaber, sold it to help pay for an engagement ring, got married, wife is pregnant, and now I'm on a budget.... Life has never been more expensive, lol (not to mention I'm only 20. Will be 21 in less than a week though XD)

I have a 2005 Master Replicas Anakin ROTS saber however (blade stopped working after beating the heck out of it as a kid, but the sound still works!! lol).

My problem is this: Star Wars episode VII is coming out and I plan on going in costume, and I have light saber that doesn't work. Much worse than that, if I got it to work it would be blue..... That proposes a problem, because I fell hard for those cookies..... And then the voices told me to go red.....

Okay now to business.
I know that there are parts here I can buy to convert the saber, and I'm confident that if I were to by them all I could manage to convert it with no issues, but the tutorial on how to do that was made a while ago, and there are new LEDs out there, and there are some that I have read about being sold here that I cannot find in the store.
I'm speaking specifically about the Rebel Deep Red, and these Cree LEDs (newer to the store I presume).

I'm not the most tech savvy guy out there, so when you start talking voltage, currents, wattage, over driven stuff, I'm already lost.
So all I need to know really is, what should I buy, and if its different than what the tutorials are calling for, then is there anything I should do differently? I am willing to do the work to overdrive stuff and make things brighter and what not, I just have a REALLY hard time understanding all that.

My goals would be obvious: As bright as I can get it with my current set up, and as deep red as I can get it.
Currently, after adding it up, if I just went with the tutorials, I would be spending around $50ish. I'm willing to go $100 at the most.

Also, I am thinking about making a custom hilt for the light saber (Sink tube style). Any thoughts on this? The store is out of stock of a few of the items it would take, so I would have to work around that issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance