Thread: Rebel Star to Vader Hasbro Saber?

Default Rebel Star to Vader Hasbro Saber?

So I just bought a Star Wars Rebels Vader electronic saber for a sound board. Could someone link me a diagram/tutorial to hooking it up to the luxeon rebel star? Thanks in advance

Use the instructions for the 2010 Hasbro econo board. The actual board you have may be laid out slightly differently, but its labeled the same and works the same.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Thanks for all your help...quick question though. The LED is connected directly to the sound board and looks like this. Do I just plug the rebel star into the positive and negative points?IMG_1724.jpg

No, the board will burn out if you try to drive a rebel star off of it. Instead, you need to bring power directly from the battery to power the LED, and use the board's output to control the power. You will need to buy a Power-Extender from TCSS, or use a transistor like in the tutorial BZWingZero linked to.

Basically, the power-extender/transistor acts like an electronic switch, and allows you to power/control a high-load with a weak output.
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."