Thread: Anyone have experience with 12mm anti vandals? MHS claw adapter either?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone have experience with 12mm anti vandals? MHS claw adapter either?

Hey all. Looking to start a very cool custom build. Have some questions about the 12mm switches and the MHS claw adapter/mount.

Does anyone know the length of the 12mm switch body, is it around the same length as the short 16mm?

Thinking about doing two 12mm switches side by side (as opposed to one above the other like in most boxes, think Madcow style). Want to mount them on the flats of the MHS claw adapter and hopefully have tim drill and tap the holes, and mount the adapter on a 2" double female which will sit against the blade holder high on the hilt. Going for a Madcow Corran Horn esque look.

Anyone have specs on width (height sitting flat on edge) and thickness (ID VS OD) of the MHS claw adapter? I know the ID. My concern is that if I am able to mount the switches on the flats of the adapter, the protruding ends may touch inside the hilt. They will be angled away from each other, but I am just not sure. Hoping it is wide enough to take switches and thick enough to space out the posts so they don't touch. Trying to figure it all out before I get too far into designing this thing and realize I have to go back to the drawing board. Would also suck to ruin good parts. Throwing around the idea of having Tim make a custom box as a plan B, if he is willing of course.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Zahc Zi Phan; 05-02-2015 at 08:05 PM.