Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with 12mm anti vandals? MHS claw adapter either?

Default Anyone have experience with 12mm anti vandals? MHS claw adapter either?

Hey all. Looking to start a very cool custom build. Have some questions about the 12mm switches and the MHS claw adapter/mount.

Does anyone know the length of the 12mm switch body, is it around the same length as the short 16mm?

Thinking about doing two 12mm switches side by side (as opposed to one above the other like in most boxes, think Madcow style). Want to mount them on the flats of the MHS claw adapter and hopefully have tim drill and tap the holes, and mount the adapter on a 2" double female which will sit against the blade holder high on the hilt. Going for a Madcow Corran Horn esque look.

Anyone have specs on width (height sitting flat on edge) and thickness (ID VS OD) of the MHS claw adapter? I know the ID. My concern is that if I am able to mount the switches on the flats of the adapter, the protruding ends may touch inside the hilt. They will be angled away from each other, but I am just not sure. Hoping it is wide enough to take switches and thick enough to space out the posts so they don't touch. Trying to figure it all out before I get too far into designing this thing and realize I have to go back to the drawing board. Would also suck to ruin good parts. Throwing around the idea of having Tim make a custom box as a plan B, if he is willing of course.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Zahc Zi Phan; 05-02-2015 at 08:05 PM.

I can't give you the exact length of the 12mm, since mine is mounted in a saber, but it is shorter than the 16mm. I don't know if there would be enough room for them to be side by side like the tactiles Madcow uses. But the claw ring my make a difference. Still think it would be tight.
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 05-02-2015 at 10:16 PM.

I plan doing the exact same thing but i'm gutting the 12mm av switches and trimming them down and ill be mounting leds and tactile switches beneath them because i plan on mounting the claw mount right next to the blade holder. i have the claw mount, but im waiting on the 12 mm av's to come in. as soon as i get them in i can shoot you a photo before i gut them so you can see what kind of space you'd be working with.

Oh they are shorter? Thanks Thalan!

Wow what a coincidence! That would be awesome Cakira! Much appreciated!!

no problem at all, it might be a week or so before i get them in though. it'll be at least a few more days before TCSS starts shipping again and it normally takes about 4-5 days for the stuff i order to come in from him, plus i normally get the econo-shipping b/c im not in that much of a hurry for the parts and i cant justify spending as much on the shipping as the parts i ordered, lol.

20150506_203815.jpg20150506_203909_001.jpg should have plenty of space for the wires, about 3/32" - 1/8" of space before they touch

**EDIT** these are the 12mm AV switches, and if you need a little more space, you could do like i plan to do and take two bezels for MHSV1 that i have pictured, and sand the curved side down so it will sit flush on a flat surface and elevate the switch about 1/8" above the claw ring that would give you about 1/4" between the two switches to play with.
    Last edited by cakira21; 05-06-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Your are the shiznit Cakira!!! You totally made my night. My build can continue exactly as planned because you were nice (and BOSS) enough to do that. FRIGGIN SWEET!

I'm seriously so appreciative... I can't even tell you!

no prob, man. good luck and happy building

**EDIT** i plan on drilling and tapping the ring so they will screw directly into the ring
    Last edited by cakira21; 05-06-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Nice! Once they're installed (tapped and screwed in) how much material is going to be left on each side of the switches? Enough to maintain structural integrity?