Thread: Curved PVC saber build

Default Curved PVC saber build

I have decided to try my hand at a curved PVC stunt saber. I plan on going with a Dooku look but not a copy. Here are some pics of the start. The gray piece in the pic will later be replaced with something better looking and stronger. This is 1" pvc and will have 1.25" pvc for accents. It has a 12mm av switch with a red/orange rebel. Running a 14500 7.4v pack and a momentary converter and a buckpuck. I plan to add a recharge port near the pommel. The retention screw is just for looks right now and will be replaced with a set screw for a cleaner look. The curve was obtained by heating the pipe over the stove for 2-3 min. Hope you like it

KIMG0034.jpg

THERE WE GO have a look and comment
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 04-28-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Neat. In my experience bending PVC is not the easiest thing to do, but that bend looks really clean

Yeah I read that if you keep turning it while bending it keeps it from distorting.....to much anyway. I Will have to do some sanding to make it perfectly smooth but not to much.

I realize this is a bit late, but another technique to bend PVC is to cap the end, fill the pipe with sand, and then use your heat gun. The sand dissipates the heat and helps keep the bend even.