Thread: radioshack buzzer for sound

Default radioshack buzzer for sound

I read that a 3 watt buzzer from radioshack works well for sound, but i don't know what buzzer they were refering to. I don't see it on their website. Also, I have that walmart $8 sith saber and was wondering how to specifically make it work for an el saber. I don't know much about electronics and need it explained to me thoroughly.
    Thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Gah, one more of these types of posts and I'm going to explode![!]

Read this:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=171

I don't know where people get this buzzer idea from. A buzzer is meant for one pitch and a saber is anything but. I don't see how it would ever work and if it does the cost would probably make ripping a hasbro saber apart cheaper.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

A vibration unit would be better than a buzzer. They are both inexpensive and i believe Corban sell them. If the vibration unit could be put into a cylinder and alowwed to move in it the sound might change pitch. Maybe if using a buzzer a door bell could be next LOL. i think a saber makes a hum so instead of looking for buzzers we should look for hummers. LOL Not trying to make fun but it does sound funny huh xwing!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know but everyone bringing this up is mentioning the buzzer for sound. My reaction:[?] I do find it funny but no less than other things. Like I heard of a guy making a saber out of a femine ***ual toy...(I won't state it exactly there might be kiddies reading this[]).

They'd have more luck picking up those mini motors at the shack for the humming. Rig it to rev up and down with a motion sensor.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Yes he does here is the information: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Force Resonator

Description:
    The Force Resonator is a small vibrating motor used to add that classic "HUM" to your saber.
    Technical Data:
    Dimensions: 3/8" Diameter x 3/4" Long (Encapsulated).
    Input: 1.2 to 3.0 Volts DC.
    Output: Up to 400 RPM.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    I am planning on installing one in the Led Saber I am building.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I know but everyone bringing this up is mentioning the buzzer for sound. My reaction: I do find it funny but no less than other things. Like I heard of a guy making a saber out of a femine ***ual toy...(I won't state it exactly there might be kiddies reading this).

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> A Statement that is both funny and True!![)][][]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.