Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: I think my PC 3.5 is not right

I see you're running 2000ma to the main led, so I assume you have the two greens in parallel on channel 1? Try putting them in series and running them at 1000ma. If both are being driven off the main channel, changing the other numbers in the override file will not make it brighter, since just the first number controls channel 1. Also, remember anything in the override.txt file will cancel out the settings in the config.txt file in all three banks, so if you want the config file in each bank to control each banks' settings, you need to remove the override.txt file's "color profiles" section.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I see you're running 2000ma to the main led, so I assume you have the two greens in parallel on channel 1? Try putting them in series and running them at 1000ma. If both are being driven off the main channel, changing the other numbers in the override file will not make it brighter, since just the first number controls channel 1. Also, remember anything in the override.txt file will cancel out the settings in the config.txt file in all three banks, so if you want the config file in each bank to control each banks' settings, you need to remove the override.txt file's "color profiles" section.
    On the main LED I am 2000ma, the two greens are in parallel. You are correct I had not tried running them in series at 1000ma, I may give that a go.
    I was going for using the config file in each bank to control their settings. When I removed the "color profiles" in the override.txt, the only LED I got to fire up was the FOC white. When blaster block, or clash was engaged my two green LED's would activate.
    I have a separate PC 3.5 that still has the color profiles in the override file, and everything works as it should. Very odd.

You didn't put a resistor on them did you? That sounds like you have the numbers reversed in the config file for your main led's and the FoC led, but it doesn't look that way by the config you posted. When you have fled=900,1000,0 you are feeding 900ma to channel 1, 1000ma to channel 2 and nothing to channel 3....I'll guess your FoC led is on channel 2, so it should be working. Only other thing i can think of is you have wires crossed somewhere.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You didn't put a resistor on them did you? That sounds like you have the numbers reversed in the config file for your main led's and the FoC led, but it doesn't look that way by the config you posted. When you have fled=900,1000,0 you are feeding 900ma to channel 1, 1000ma to channel 2 and nothing to channel 3....I'll guess your FoC led is on channel 2, so it should be working. Only other thing i can think of is you have wires crossed somewhere.
    Everything in the config file has not changed. I've rewired and checked the board twice. Nothing bridged or backwards. No resistors on LEDs that's the boards job
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-21-2015 at 03:31 PM.

What if I were to wire each LED on the pad separate? One on channel 1, and the other on channel 2? In the config file I would have to do LED=1000, 1000, 0. Correct? Each LED is able to go to 2. So when you wire each LED separate and comment in the config 1000ma for each, each LED would run independently.
    Just an idea, if I'm wrong let me know
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-23-2015 at 11:16 AM.

You can do it that way, just make sure you have the correct resistor if you use channel 2 or 3.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You can do it that way, just make sure you have the correct resistor if you use channel 2 or 3.
    Well I think before I go doing resistors, I'm wondering if there is a way to tell if the channels are backwards in the bank files. With all the color profiles commented out in the override file, the only led that works at all is the FOC when the aux button is pushed.
    EDIT: I have commented out the color profiles in the override, what I get now is the FOC on constantly (as if it was the main) and the two green (wired parallel) only come on when the aux button is pushed (FOC, blaster, lockup).
    So now I'm really confused. As I have a blue,blue,white (same led) wired to a PC 3.5 (exactly the same wiring) the color profiles are commented out. Exactly the same as on this green, and it works like a dream.
    In fact here is a pic to show comparison in brightness

The blue is on the right, the green the left. That is if my camera is any real good. The thing is to me the green should be equally bright as the blue. Nothing said for color or saturation of light through the tube. Simply that the two boards are set to the same parameters in their individual banks. With the exception of the green, which seems only to operate well with all the color profiles intact in the override file.
    I'll be honest this whole experience is getting a little frustrating, I feel as though I'm simply running around in circles.
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-24-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    Well I think before I go doing resistors, I'm wondering if there is a way to tell if the channels are backwards in the bank files. With all the color profiles commented out in the override file, the only led that works at all is the FOC when the aux button is pushed.
    EDIT: I have commented out the color profiles in the override, what I get now is the FOC on constantly (as if it was the main) and the two green (wired parallel) only come on when the aux button is pushed (FOC, blaster, lockup).
    So now I'm really confused. As I have a blue,blue,white (same led) wired to a PC 3.5 (exactly the same wiring) the color profiles are commented out. Exactly the same as on this green, and it works like a dream.
    In fact here is a pic to show comparison in brightness

The blue is on the right, the green the left. That is if my camera is any real good. The thing is to me the green should be equally bright as the blue. Nothing said for color or saturation of light through the tube. Simply that the two boards are set to the same parameters in their individual banks. With the exception of the green, which seems only to operate well with all the color profiles intact in the override file.
    I'll be honest this whole experience is getting a little frustrating, I feel as though I'm simply running around in circles.
    Was this ever resolved? What is your config file for the B/B/W?

Quote Originally Posted by FXOBI View Post
    Was this ever resolved? What is your config file for the B/B/W?
    I did resolve this issue. The config file for the BBW was exactly the same as mentioned earlier in the post. As it turned out the battery itself was the issue. I'm sure a bad pcb is what was giving me the issue I had with the shut down/restart. I ordered a new battery, and installed it. No issues since. My hilt gets regular use, and I've not had the shut down restart problem at all. When the battery is drained it just shuts down.
    Its also been said that the board itself will let you know when the battery is not at full charge. It will beep at you
    As an additional note, I did set the resume value to "0" in my file. As of now I have it set back to "1" with the new battery. Again no issues to speak of.