Thread: quick opinion on speaker mount and newer PC board.

Default quick opinion on speaker mount and newer PC board.

What's up folks. figured I would drop in for a minute to see what's new in the sabershop scene. Also has a quick question I wanted to get a couple quick opinions on. Finally getting around to redoing my Cyan colored saber the D95. Used the electronics in my double bladed saber the J52 until I could correct a design flaw in the D95 that I made. Now that I've fixed the issue with the hilt (wasn't long enough and scrunched my parts together, plus couldn't get the pummel insert to stay put, go figure) I've got my replacement electronics ordered. Normally used the v4 speaker mount but went with a v5 this go around. Was just wondering what folks thought of the v5 and how they liked it. Also curious as to folks experiences with the newer petit crouton. slightly newer version since I last put a saber together. Anyways just curious before I get my hands on the parts as to what people thought.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

The only difference between the V4 and V5 is that the V5 has a lip which sandwiches between the pommel threads and the inside lip of whatever part the pommel is on. If you want to be able to remove more of your hilt than the pommel during normal breakdown, I would go with the V4.

As for the PC 3.5, I love it! Just got it a few days ago and was playing around with it yesterday. The motion sensing is better than the V3 and it can hold 6 sound fonts instead of 3. Also, it now has 16 swing and clash sounds like the CF, which makes using the saber more realistic. Overall, definitely better than the V3.

(I forgot to mention that it embeds up to 10 color profiles, so if you have a CEx, you can save colors separate from the font, and scroll through them at will!)
    "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whomever drinks the water I give him will never thirst."