Thread: Internal Space Question

Default Internal Space Question

Hello,

I've been in the planning stages for my first saber for the last week or so and I'm trying to only use currently in stock parts. What I envisioned was an obi-wan/luke inspired saber. For the section between the ribbed combo and the pommel I've used a 3 inch extender and a 2 inch extender coupled by a .25 double male.

Saber V2.jpg

My concern is switch placement and the chassis. I had been considering using the red chassis parts from the store including the recharge port. I don't really care for the side by side switch box so I'm considering having the switches drilled directly into the 3 inch extender.

My question is, will this leave enough room for the chassis components, battery and speaker in the amount of space given?

Thank you,

Vance

If you are set on using 2 extensions instead of a single 5" the I would sugest maybe fliping the 2 in the design and going with smaller tactile switches just to give your self more room for wires and electronics. You can easily mount 2 of these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P285.aspx in the 2" extension. Or even a single 12mm av switch and one of the above as an aux switch. Just some of my thoughts feel free to do with as you please.