Thread: How Do You Cut Lightsaber Crystals?

Default How Do You Cut Lightsaber Crystals?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there are ways to cut clear quartz crystals without buying expensive tools to do so? I want to use some crystals for a few lightsaber hilts of mine, but almost all of them don't have the proper length that wil fit inside the crystal chambers.

Blog Entries

First things first. Safety Glasses and a respirator. Not a dust mask a respirator. Quartz dust is very harmful.

You can use a diamond dremel cutting wheel. Do it under running water to reduce heat and dust. Or you can do it under water in a bowl. Rotate the crystal to cut from multiple sides dont try to do it all in one shot from one direction.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    First things first. Safety Glasses and a respirator. Not a dust mask a respirator. Quartz dust is very harmful.

You can use a diamond dremel cutting wheel. Do it under running water to reduce heat and dust. Or you can do it under water in a bowl. Rotate the crystal to cut from multiple sides dont try to do it all in one shot from one direction.
    Thanks for the tips, especially about the respirator. It seems I'll still need to look for a few more things before I can cut crystals.