Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: K2 vs. LuxV ?

Default K2 vs. LuxV ?

Now that Tim is selling K2's...
    I've read all that I could find about K2's in the thread index, but I still have some questions, and thought maybie you guys could help me out.
    Are K2's or LuxV's brighter?
    Can you run whichever one is brighter off of Corbin's board to get the cool effects?
    Did I take it correctly here
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...opic.php?t=370
    that some Lux III colors are brighter than that same color in K2?

I'm planning on building a nice saber with wichever is brighter, so any help here would be great!

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

all i know is that the white k2s are brighter than 3w, way brighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Default luke skymarcher

first off dont go for brightness, go for the color you like. second, what setup are you going for? mr, mhs, hasbro sound, corbins board, mr module...
    depending on whether you want sound and if so how you plan on putting it in the saber can clear up your questions on which to use.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It all depends. You could just look up the specs...

Reds/Amber Lux III's are brightest. the K@ versions are pretty much what the III's actually should be.
    In the other colors Lux V's still are tops if you go by numbers. K2's are pretty danged close though. In fact the white is exactly the same.

It all depends on your application though. Can you take the extra volts for a V or would you rather deal with the battery drain of a K2?

Corbin's can power any of them, but it's not getting the most out of them in some cases. It's not maxing the 1500mA ones.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

arent the k2s brighter and have a tighter beam than that of 3ws?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a
    arent the k2s brighter and have a tighter beam than that of 3ws?
    Not on the Reds/Amber. The beam is determined by the optics too...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default led choices

the k2's are pretty much just a more efficient model of the 3w from all i gather

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Re: led choices

Quote Originally Posted by jjshumpert
    the k2's are pretty much just a more efficient model of the 3w from all i gather
    Except the Reds/Amber which is why it's a case by case basis. You can't say V's are the best... they don't exist in all colors. The III's in the Reds/Amber rock yet the K2 kicks their butt in the others. Then the V's top that by a bit...

It's nuts... you need to consider each color individually with each situation.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

hey quick question which one of the resistors that tim sells here can i use for a white k2 running off 12volts?

edit- btw sorry for asking such nooby questions im new to k2s and i want my k2 saber to run perfectly i know that i should get a 12ohm 8w resistor. but i think i can run it off of a buckpuck should i get 2 buckpucks? one 1000ma, and one 700mA? and just parralell them?

What I'd really like is probably Royal Blue or Blue, with Corbin's board's effects, MR sound, and Li-ion recharge batteries... if that can all be hooked up together. I want it to be as bright as possible, as this would be my personal saber.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.